Sometimes you just need something sweet! Strawberry Chocolate Chips Muffins will definitely do the trick and not make you feel guilty. These muffins are super moist and oh so yummy.
I used some of those delicious strawberries I picked the other day. I picked so many strawberries I didn’t even make a dent in huge basket I got at a local farm. So it looks like we will be eating a lot of strawberries this week!
I am not much of a baker so when I found this recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie I had to give it a try. I’m so glad I did. They were really easy to make and make the perfect snack!
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups spelt flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used organic sugar cane)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup loosely-packed diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffins tins with liners or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the milk, vinegar, vanilla extract, and oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix. Add diced strawberries and gently mix.
- Fill muffin tins evenly and bake for 20 minutes. Let muffins sit for 10 minutes and then remove from muffin tins.