Get your Thanksgiving started right with sweet chocolate chip and pumpkin pancakes. The Chia seeds gives is a nice crunch and adds nutritional value.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 and 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, oil, and egg.
- Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
- Heat skillet over medium, pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup.