I was craving muffins… Luckily I had saved some ripened bananas in my freezer. When the bananas start to turn black just throw them in the freezer with the peel on and use them later. They defrost quickly and taste great in breads or muffins.
These muffins are super easy to prepare and are a delicious for breakfast or a quick snack.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients and then add oil, Greek yogurt, and beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas with a fork. Add bananas and oats to mixture and stir.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or use muffin papers and fill cups a little over half way with batter. Makes a dozen. Bake for about 30 minutes. Insert toothpick, if it comes out dry then they are done.