I have been on a serious meatball kick lately. Good thing my family loves them and they are quick and easy to make.
I love this recipe not only because it is delicious, but it sneaks in some veggies too! I made these with shredded zucchini. Next I time I am definitely going to add some shredded carrots.
You can easily serve these delicious meatballs with a side of whole wheat pasta and veggies. They would also make a great dish to serve for game day parties!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeeze out any excess water
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (add more if too moist)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix with hands until combined. Form into desired sized meatballs and place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on size of meatballs.
- Remove from oven and serve with tomato sauce and top with fresh basil.