Peanut butter and chocolate… Need I say more!
We are a peanut butter cup obsessed family. We just looove them! I know, I know…they aren’t healthy, but hey it’s ok to splurge once in awhile. Right?
Since we love peanut butter cups so much I went searching to find a healthier recipe using simple ingredients… And then Voila! Once I stumbled upon this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie, I knew I had to give them a try.
Katie has great recipes on how to make healthier versions of your favorite desserts. Brilliant!
Using dark chocolate and organic peanut butter makes this a healthier choice rather than the store bought peanut butter cups.
Makes about 8-10 patties
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter), I used Field Day Organic Peanut Butter
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (you may need more or less depending on the consistency of your peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted (I used dark chocolate)
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a bowl. If the peanut butter is to hard to stir toss it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften.
- Add powder sugar 2 teaspoons at a time until it forms a dough. Form dough into little patties and freeze for about an hour.
- Remove patties from freezer and dip into the melted chocolate. This is a little messy, but sooo worth it. Put the patties back in the freezer until chocolate is set. About 15 minutes, if you can wait that long to try one.
- Store in the freezer or fridge in a air tight container.
Follow us on Facebook to receive alerts of all our new and exciting recipes.