This has to be one of the most easiest side dishes I have ever made! It is only 3 ingredients so you can throw it together in minutes, and bam, you have a healthy side dish. This would make a wonderful side to grilled chicken, steak, or even on top of some pasta drizzled with olive oil.
Now that tomato season is right around the corner I am sure this will become a regular recipe at our house. Fingers crossed my tomatoes in my garden do well this year! Still haven’t got this Texas gardening down yet.
I topped these with my homemade pesto, but you could definitely used jar pesto too.
- 4-6 small to medium tomatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons pesto (store bought or homemade pesto)
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sliced tomatoes on baking sheet and top with pesto, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve immediately.