Keeping with the Cinco de Mayo theme… I give you Mexican Egg and Quinoa Muffins!
I just love to make all kinds of things in my muffin pan. These muffins are so darn good I just had to share. Not only are they super easy to make, they’re good for you too.
These little muffins can make a great breakfast or a quick snack for the busy week. Just pop them in the microwave and then top with salsa. That sounds like a perfect combination to me!
Click here to read more health benefits from quinoa.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup of chopped veggies (broccoli, peppers, zucchini, onions, spinach, or any of your favorites)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, feta, swiss, or no cheese if you don’t do dairy)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and mix in cooked quinoa until coated.
- Gently add chopped veggies. If using broccoli I recommend steaming for a few minutes before adding to the egg mixture. Add cheese (optional) and salt and pepper.
- Line muffin pan with liners or spray with cooking spray. Add the mix to muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite salsa, guacamole, or a dollop of greek yogurt.