Football playoffs start this weekend! I am sure we will have a few get togethers to go too and I always like to bring some sort of appetizer.
These Goat Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers are delish and super easy to make. I made these with sweet peppers, but you could easily use jalapeños if you like a kick.
You can easily prep and assemble ahead of time. Simply pop them in the oven before your guests arrive. They will be done in minutes.
- 1 package 12 ounce mini sweet peppers
- 1-2 tablespoons oil of choice
- Salt and pepper
- 8-10 ounce package of soft goat cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Slice the tops of the peppers off and cut in half and remove seeds. Lay halved peppers in a single layer on baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- In a small bowl mix salt, pepper, and goat cheese until smooth. Fill each pepper with the cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then broil for 1 minute until cheese is nice and brown. Remove from oven and top with bacon and chives.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.