Just when I thought I couldn’t get enough of my Asian Chicken Meatballs, I go and make these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. Wowza these are so good! You may want to double the recipe.
I swear I make meatballs once a week!
They are so easy to make and reheat wonderfully for leftovers. I also think these meatballs would be a great meal to entertain your guests. They are so pretty they will surely be impressed!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Fresh mozzarella, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl add ground chicken, panko, egg, garlic clove, salt, pepper, and basil. Mix with hands and form into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet and brush with sauce.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes depending on the size of meatballs.
- Remove meatballs from oven and turn oven onto broiler setting.
- Top meatballs with mozzarella slices and broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese melts and slightly browns.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh chopped basil.