I have heard of making black bean brownies, but never actually tried them until my friend made these delicious little bites for a snack at the beach last summer. Why didn’t I try this sooner? Yummy! They are super easy and no one will know there is black beans in them. You have to give them a try!
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- About 1/3 cup of water, to moisten black beans
- 1 package of your favorite brownie mix (I try to buy organic or Trader Joe’s to avoid the additive junk in regular brownie mix)
- In a food processor or blender, puree black beans and add water to moisten beans. Make sure beans are completely smooth. They actually turn a purple color.
- Add brownie mix to a large bowl and pour in pureed beans. Mix until a batter is formed.
- Spray muffin tin or pan with cooking spray. I make them in a mini muffin tin for portion control, but can easily be made in a pan.
- Bake according to brownie box directions. In a mini muffin pan I baked at 350 for about 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with a side of fresh berries.