Yes, I know another muffin tin recipe! Sorry I can’t help it! They are just so darn easy to make, and a great way to use up leftover veggies. I made these with broccoli and onions and topped with some fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden, but you can easily swap out any veggie combo you prefer. You could also add some bacon too. I would have, but I was out. Next time for sure!
Continue reading Sweet Potato Hash Brown Cups
It’s back to school season so of course I am on the hunt for easy meals we can quick grab during those busy week days. These little mini salad bowls make a perfect after school snack or an easy light dinner.
Continue reading Mini Taco Salads
This has to be one of the most easiest side dishes I have ever made! It is only 3 ingredients so you can throw it together in minutes, and bam, you have a healthy side dish. This would make a wonderful side to grilled chicken, steak, or even on top of some pasta drizzled with olive oil.
Now that tomato season is right around the corner I am sure this will become a regular recipe at our house. Continue reading Parmesan Pesto Roasted Tomatoes
Ahhh Sriracha!!! I love the stuff! It has so much flavor and pairs perfectly with roasted sweet potatoes. This recipe comes together in minutes and makes a great snack or side dish.
Continue reading Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
It’s a new year and I am finally getting back on track with the blog. It’s been awhile! Sooo I am starting the new year with these amazing sweet potato nachos. These make a perfect snack, appetizer for a party, or even a meal.
These are very simple to make! I gave the potatoes a good wash and sliced them leaving the skin on. I then soaked them in a bowl of water. This helps remove some of the starch in the potatoes which helps in getting crispy potatoes. Another tip to get those sweets crispy is to place them in a single layer on the baking sheet and giving them plenty of room. I ended up using 2 baking sheets.
I then topped them with cheese, black beans, diced tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and salsa. You could also add avocado, greek yogurt, or any of you favorite nacho toppings.
Sweet Potato Nachos
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 122
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced with skins on
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl filled with water. Soak sweet potatoes for about an hour. Remove sweet potatoes and pat dry. Place in a bowl and drizzle with coconut oil and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet in a single layer making sure not to overcrowd the pan. You may need to use 2 baking sheets. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Flip sweet potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on serving dish. Top with black beans, tomato, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and salsa. Serve immediately.
Kim's Healthy Eats http://www.kimshealthyeats.com/
These are seriously the easiest and creamiest mashed potatoes I have ever made! And with Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought it was the perfect recipe to share.
Continue reading Crock-Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I love, love, love pesto! So I was thrilled when my garden produced a ton of basil!
Continue reading Easy Homemade Pesto
Soooo I totally jumped on the pumpkin spice band wagon and made pumpkin spice granola. While it’s still in the high 80’s here in Dallas I am trying my hardest to get in the fall spirit. Fall is the one season I miss the most since moving from the Northeast to the south. Nothing like fresh apple picking, the leaves changing, and going to a real pumpkin patch.
Anyway back to the granola… This stuff is seriously amazing! I love the blend of the nuts with the pumpkin seeds and the little sweetness the chocolate chips add. Continue reading Paleo Pumpkin Spice Granola
Hi all! It’s been awhile since my last post. Sorry friends! This end of school year stuff sure keeps a girl busy! I am kind of hoping for things to slow down over the summer, but knowing me, probably not 🙂
Continue reading Smashed Potatoes
I know, I know, these probably aren’t the most healthiest snack to eat, but sometimes you gotta have a mozzarella stick. I am a sucker for mozzarella sticks! So it makes me happy when I can find a way to lighten up a favorite snack.
I promise you won’t miss the deep fried version of this recipe. They are that good!!! Continue reading Lightened Up Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks