This week I am cleaning out my fridge and pantry. I had some leftover wonton wrappers and some ricotta cheese. So I came up with these raviolis for dinner. They also make a great finger appetizer since they crisp up so nicely in the oven, just serve with a small bowl of tomato sauce or pesto to dip.
- wonton wrappers (found in the refrigerated produce section)
- ricotta cheese
- handful of shredded parmesan cheese (next time I want to try with goat cheese)
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves or chopped spinach leaves
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- your favorite tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix cheeses, basil or spinach, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay wonton flat on baking sheet and add about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Fold wrapper into a triangle and seal edges with water (I just dipped my finger in a bowl of water and smoothed around edges).
- Brush ravioli with olive oil and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until crispy. Watch, they brown up quick.
- Serve on a plate with sauce, or on a large serving tray with a small bowl of sauce to dip for an appetizer.