Extra veggies…Why not make a quiche? You can use almost any veggies you have on hand and skipping the crust is an easy way to lower the calories.
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 8 oz lump crab meat drained
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 4 cups of coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/8 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/8 tsp Old Bay
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add crab meat and top with shredded cheese.
- Heat a tblsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions, saute and then add garlic, spinach, and next 4 ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted. Arrange spinach over crab. I also added some sliced tomato on top (optional).
- Combine milk and egg substitute. Pour milk mixture over spinach and crab. Bake for about 45 minutes.