Hot pumpkin soup with a hint of spice makes the perfect meal to warm you up on a chilly fall day.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups of evaporated milk (I used almond milk for less calories)
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Saute onions and garlic
- Add the curry powder, salt and pepper to the pot
- Add the chicken broth and pumpkin to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes
- Put batches in food processor or blender and puree
- Pour back into the pot and add the milk of your choice