Sangria is definitely one of my favorite drinks. It’s super delicious and easy to make.
You can add any type of fruit you like. I had some strawberries, lime, and oranges I needed to use, and I thought that would make a great combo for summer. Well, it’s not actually summer yet, but close enough.
This sangria is refreshing and not super sweet. Instead of making a simple syrup using a ton of sugar, I used the sweetness of the strawberries with a little bit of sugar. Yum!
Strawberry Syrup Ingredients
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons organic sugar or agave (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1-2 tablespoons water (use same amount as sugar)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 750 ml dry white wine
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 large orange, cut into slices
- 1 lime, cut into slices
Strawberry Syrup Directions
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add strawberries, sugar or agave, water and fresh rosemary.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until strawberries are broken down.
- Remove from heat and drain through a sieve or small colander, saving the juice.
- In a large pitcher mix the wine, triple sec, sliced fruit. Lightly squeeze the citrus into the pitcher,for the juices, before adding to pitcher.
- Stir in the strawberry syrup.
- Chill in the fridge for about 2-4 hours.
- Serve over ice.
Follow us on Facebook to receive alerts of all our new and exciting recipes.