Peanut butter cups are hands down my favorite treat! And all I see right now are those little darn peanut butter eggs everywhere. It takes all I have not to buy a bag and gobble them up! So I decided to make my own this Easter.
By making my own peanut butter cups I am in charge of the ingredients, therefore, they are not loaded with sugar. They are pretty much just peanut butter and chocolate, clearly a match made in heaven 🙂
Adapted from Paleo OMG
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter you like)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Festive sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor add peanut butter, shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey and salt and puree until smooth.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture into mini muffin pan. It should make about 10.
- Melt chocolate chips in a pan over low heat on the stove top or on low in the microwave.
- Pour over peanut butter cups in muffin pan. Place in freezer for 30 plus minutes until set.
- Pop out with a sharp knife. Store in freezer. Remove 5 minutes before serving.