Football season is right around the corner. My husband is in not one, but two Fantasy Football Leagues this year. Lucky me! Unless he wins of course 🙂
Since one of the leagues is in our neighborhood we will probably be entertaining quite a bit. By that I mean, the guys watch football and the ladies drink wine, eat, and chat.
No need to feel guilty eating these babies…They are full of veggies! Simply toss the chicken in the crock pot. Add the broth and sautéed garlic, onions and peppers. Cook on high for 4 hours.
Recipe from Gina at Skinny Taste
Buffalo Chicken Ingredients
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 large red or green pepper, diced (celery can be substituted)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2-3/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s), add more if you like it spicy
Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
- 6 large lettuce leaves, I used Boston Bibb
- Shredded carrot
- Sliced red pepper or celery
- Crumbled Bleu cheese
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Sauté onions and peppers for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- In the crock pot add chicken, onions, peppers, garlic, and chicken broth. Make sure chicken is covered. Add some water if needed.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Remove chicken from the crock pot and reserve 1/2 cup of the broth. Discard the rest. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return shredded chicken to the crock pot. Add hot sauce and broth and mix. Cook on high for a 30 minutes.
- Top lettuce cups with shredded chicken and add your favorite toppings.