We are starting to hit the 100 degree temperature here in Dallas. So I probably won’t be doing much grilling, but I will be making cool treats like these Chocolate Watermelon Popsicles!
These are such a fun summer treat. You can make a bunch of these ahead of time and store in the freezer in an airtight container. I think these make a cute idea to bring to a picnic or make a bunch for your family to snack on.
They are easy to make and require very little work. I topped mine with sprinkles, but you could totally leave them out.
- 1/2 ripe, juicy watermelon
- 1 bag chocolate chips, white, milk, or dark
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Popsicle sticks
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Cut watermelon into triangle slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Pierce with Popsicle sticks. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm or overnight.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate and coconut oil over medium low heat. Stirring constantly so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Dip frozen watermelon into the chocolate and add sprinkles if using.
- Serve immediately or place back in the freezer in an air tight container.