Yes, I know another muffin tin recipe! Sorry I can’t help it! They are just so darn easy to make, and a great way to use up leftover veggies. I made these with broccoli and onions and topped with some fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden, but you can easily swap out any veggie combo you prefer. You could also add some bacon too. I would have, but I was out. Next time for sure!
Continue reading Sweet Potato Hash Brown Cups
It’s back to school season so of course I am on the hunt for easy meals we can quick grab during those busy week days. These little mini salad bowls make a perfect after school snack or an easy light dinner.
Continue reading Mini Taco Salads
Hey y’all! Hope you are having an awesome summer. We sure are. I always think summer will be time for us to sit back and relax, but I swear we are busier than ever with activities. Today the fam and I went paddle boarding at the lake. So much fun!
Continue reading 5 Ingredient Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Ahhh Sriracha!!! I love the stuff! It has so much flavor and pairs perfectly with roasted sweet potatoes. This recipe comes together in minutes and makes a great snack or side dish.
Continue reading Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
Well this was probably the easiest chili recipe I have ever made. It took me 15 minutes to throw it together and I had virtually no mess to clean up. Yes!!!!
Continue reading Crock Pot Taco Chili
The Super Bowl is almost here! Are you having or going to any parties? What are you planning to make? I love making food for parties. Especially foods that you can pick at throughout the night and are easy to eat (and make). Below is a list of my top ten favorite lighter recipes.
You can’t have a Super Bowl party without buffalo sauce. I’ll be surprised if the bowl isn’t empty by half time.
Careful. These little bites are incredibly addicting. Good thing their healthy and a great alternative to fried chicken wings.
One of my most popular recipes. These little stackers are super easy to make taste incredible.
Football without chili is like spaghetti without the noodles.
A challenging dish. Not to make but to walk by it without eating more.
These little bites taste delicious and are a great way to get your kids to eat veggies without them realizing it.
One of the first dips I ever started making and still a go to when needing a last minute dish for guests or a party.
You better make a lot because they go quick.
You had me at bacon! I hope you get to enjoy some of these great recipes during the game. If you’re looking for even more, check out my Game Day recipe list.
Enjoy the game!
It’s a new year and I am finally getting back on track with the blog. It’s been awhile! Sooo I am starting the new year with these amazing sweet potato nachos. These make a perfect snack, appetizer for a party, or even a meal.
These are very simple to make! I gave the potatoes a good wash and sliced them leaving the skin on. I then soaked them in a bowl of water. This helps remove some of the starch in the potatoes which helps in getting crispy potatoes. Another tip to get those sweets crispy is to place them in a single layer on the baking sheet and giving them plenty of room. I ended up using 2 baking sheets.
I then topped them with cheese, black beans, diced tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and salsa. You could also add avocado, greek yogurt, or any of you favorite nacho toppings.
Sweet Potato Nachos
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 122
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced with skins on
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl filled with water. Soak sweet potatoes for about an hour. Remove sweet potatoes and pat dry. Place in a bowl and drizzle with coconut oil and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet in a single layer making sure not to overcrowd the pan. You may need to use 2 baking sheets. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Flip sweet potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on serving dish. Top with black beans, tomato, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and salsa. Serve immediately.
Kim's Healthy Eats http://www.kimshealthyeats.com/
These are seriously the easiest and creamiest mashed potatoes I have ever made! And with Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought it was the perfect recipe to share.
Continue reading Crock-Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I love, love, love pesto! So I was thrilled when my garden produced a ton of basil!
Continue reading Easy Homemade Pesto