The Super Bowl is right around the corner. Instead of serving calorie filled chicken wings give these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs a try. I promise you and your guests will not be disappointed! Although, you may want to double this recipe if you are serving a large crowd. Let’s face you can’t eat just one 🙂
I like mine on the spicier side so adjust the hot sauce to your liking. You can always add more! Also, if you are not a fan of bleu cheese you can use feta or cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce, divided in half
- Dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add ground chicken, celery, carrot, onion, panko, and bleu cheese. Gently mix with hands until combined.
- In a separate bowl add egg, 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce, pepper, and parsley and mix.
- Pour hot sauce mixture into chicken mixture and gently combine. Try not to over mix. Shape into meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and add the remaining 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce and mix. Drizzle cooked meatballs with hot sauce.