Happy Cinco de Mayo! Not that I need a reason to eat Mexican food, my absolute favorite, I made these fantastic Breakfast Taquitos to celebrate. They may be called “Breakfast ” Taquitos, but you really could eat them any time of day.
These take a little prep time so next time I think I will double the batch. Then freeze the extras for later in the week when my cravings for these little buggers kick in… That is if there are any extras left 🙂
These would also taste great topped with my fresh homemade salsa!
Recipe from Damn Delicious.
- 8-10 corn soft tortillas
- 3 large eggs scrambled
- 6 ounces Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place tortillas in microwave and heat for about 15-20 seconds to warm. Working one at a time, place eggs, sausage, tomatoes, avocado, and cheddar cheese in the center of each wrapper. Careful not to overfill.
- Roll tortilla and place seam side down onto baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve immediately.